Wednesday, April 15, 2009

Illustration friday: fleeting


I was in IF mood again today and as I still needed to get some illustrations done for the show in Hong Kong it was the perfect excuse! Funny how sometimes you get a lot more done when there's just no time at all...!!
Now to the illustration: The little pirate is pretty surprised to get a love message from a fish... his cat doesn't really mind though... but all together I think the movement of the scene can be a good description of a fleeting moment!

PS: click image for larger view

10 comments:

ArtSparker said...

Lovely illustration, the cat is such a typical feline.

"Fan mail from some flounder?"

- Rocky & Bullwinkle

Moose said...

Love the eye patches!

parisa mahmoudi said...

So lovely and cute!!! :)
Lovely characters!

Beth Hikes said...

Love the brief moment in the life of a pirate :)

Jujululu said...

Very cute. I love the cat's expression and the comment bubble from the fish. Nice touches.

Emma Loves Stitching said...

Love the cute pirate design, hope your getting lots done for your trip.
emma :)

valerie walsh said...

i love it !

Alisa said...

Very sweet! Lovely attention to detail!

orange you lucky! said...

Cute Pirate, Lara:)
Feel free to include me in anything:)
I don't have a store of my own (yet)... but I'm sure I'll get to it when time permits.
Thanks for all the love:)
h.

Mam'zelle Roüge said...

Fabulous !!! I adore your work. Really. Lovely style and great colours :)
Have a nice weekend *